RCI, Inc. Exterior Walls Technology & Science Course
Date: August 14 & 15, 2017
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
- RCI Members: $500.00
- Non RCI members: $650.00
2-day course (AIA Accredited / 16-hours RCI CEHs)
• Subjects related to exterior walls’ design, construction and performance, specifically walls’ functions and types;
• Psychrometric fundamentals and moisture movement through wall assemblies
• Design objectives to include management of moisture within walls and accommodating movements of claddings and their back-up structures
• Typical wall systems
• Clear coatings and sealants, applicable building codes and standards
• Design principles and preparation of exterior walls’ construction/contract documents.
The course educators:
• Mr. Maurice L. Deprey, II, AIA, RRC, RRO, GC of Intertek-PSI
• Mr. Chris Dawkins, P.E. of Beech Consulting, Inc./Engineered Solutions International, LLC
• Mr. Wade Anderson, P.E. of Beech Consulting, Inc./Engineered Solutions International, LLC.
• This course faculty has combined 80-plus years of relevant experience practicing in building systems’ design and construction phase services and performance evaluations/investigations, recurrently including exterior walls.
Hilton Atlanta Perimeter Suites
6120 Peachtree Dunwoody Road
Atlanta, GA 30328
Includes - Continental breakfast and lunch for attendees
The course fee is $500 for RCI members and $650 for non-members (not including lodging, if needed). The hotel rate is $149 per night for class attendees (when booking, ask for the Roof Consultants Institute event rate).
The Hilton Atlanta Perimeter Suites is reachable from a two nearby MARTA stations (the Atlanta mass-transit system that of serves the Atlanta Airport - so no rental car is necessary for attendees traveling via the Atlanta Airport). The Sandy Springs MARTA station is about 1 mile north of the hotel and the Dunwoody MARTA station is about 0.7 miles east of the hotel. Both MARTA stations are relatively easy walks to/from the hotel and are served by taxi or Uber services.
For more information/queries, contact Chris Dawkins at: email@example.com or at telephone: 770-476-2362. You can also register for the class online at the link shown on the “Upcoming Events” section of the Georgia Chapter of RCI’s website at http://www.rcigeorgia.org.